Burn Injury Attorney in Henderson, NV
If you or a loved one has been injured in a fire, and you believe that negligence was involved, it may be in your best interest to call a fire injury attorney Henderson, NV has to offer, such as one from Eric Roy Law Firm. Cases we handle include:
- Burn injuries
- Smoke inhalation injuries
- Severe scarring
- Loss of limb
- Chemical burn injuries
- Permanent injuries
- Catastrophic burn injuries
- Wrongful death
- + More
Fires can be devastating. If you have been injured or burned from a fire, don’t wait to call a burn injury attorney in Henderson, NV.
Damages You Could Seek in a Fire Injury Case
When discussing damages in a personal injury case that may include a fire or burns, it’s important to remember that each case is unique. What you recover might be completely different than what someone else recovers. If you’ve heard a news story about an individual in your community reaching a specific settlement for personal injury, don’t assume you’ll reach that same settlement. With that in mind, the following are some damages you could possibly seek in your personal injury case. For a detailed answer, you should speak with a fire injury attorney in Henderson, NV.
Most of what you receive will probably be compensatory damages, though there are many categories within this category itself. Some different compensatory damages include:
- Loss of Income – Your injury was probably accompanied by some time off work. This could have been days or weeks, and might last a lifetime. You deserve compensation to cover those wages.
- Medical Care – This includes emergency care, follow up costs, current appointments, and future medical treatment.
- Loss of Property – It’s possible your car, clothes, or another type of property was lost or damaged during your accident. This covers those items.
- Emotional Distress – You might suffer PTSD, anxiety, loss of sleep, or other similar psychological issues after your accident. Emotional distress is carefully calculated with a specific formula, but is something you can seek. Talk with your fire injury attorney in Henderson, Nevada.
- Pain and Suffering – This includes the pain immediately following the incident, as well as other forms of suffering and pain associated with it.
- Loss of Enjoyment – If your injury has a negative impact on the activities you are able to pursue, you could recover enjoyment costs.
- Loss of Consortium – This covers the toll your injury has taken on your marriage, which could include loss of a sexual relationship, loss of companionship, or other similar issues.
In some cases, the judge will grant the defendant punitive damages. This is typically done to prove a point to the plaintiff that his or her actions were incredibly careless and lacked good judgment at all. It’s more punishment to the plaintiff than a reward to the defendant, though the defendant is the beneficiary. Many states have a limit for which punitive damages can be paid out, but if your settlement hasn’t reached that amount with just compensatory damages, punitive damages could be added to it.
Call a Fre Injury Attorney in Henderson, NV from Eric Roy Law Firm
Your situation requires an in-depth look at what type of damages you can seek. You deserve compensation from the at-fault party, and a lawyer can guide you through the claims process. Call Eric Roy Law Firm to speak with a leading fire injury attorney Henderson, NV residents trust.