Slip And Fall Lawyer Las Vegas
Our slip-and-fall lawyers in Las Vegas know all about the laws that keep people safe on someone else’s property, and we know what visitors expect when they visit a place. When we work on your slip and fall case, we use our experience to ensure you have a fair chance against big companies and their insurance representatives. You can take the time to rest and get better while we work on getting you compensation for your injuries.
How We Can Help
In Las Vegas, people who own property like houses, stores, and businesses must be careful to keep their property safe for others. This is especially important because lots of people visit Las Vegas every year. Unfortunately, lately, there have been more accidents where people slip and fall on someone’s property because the owner didn’t keep it safe. If this happens to you, the Eric Roy Law Firm in Las Vegas can help you get compensation for your injuries. They have won awards for their work in helping people who have been hurt in slip and fall accidents.
At Eric Roy Law Firm, we understand your struggles and are prepared to do everything we can to protect your interests in a court of law. Having been recognized as one of the Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers, our founding lawyer Eric Roy has the experience and vast legal knowledge to give you the edge in the courtroom and maximize your chances of securing a fair settlement for your injuries.
What To Do After A Slip-And-Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, there are things you can do right away to protect yourself and start building a case.
- Tell the business owner. The most important thing to do is tell the business or property owner about your injury in detail, but do NOT admit it was your fault. Ask for an official accident report from the owner or manager.
- Take pictures. If possible, have someone with you take pictures of the place where the accident happened, as well as pictures of your injuries. These photos can be used as evidence in a lawsuit against the property owner.
- Go to a doctor. Keep all the bills and paperwork related to your injury. Don’t wait for medical help because that might make the insurance company question your claim. Follow your doctor’s instructions strictly.
- Write it down. When you can, write down all the details, you remember about the accident. This will help your lawyer with your case.
- Consult a slip and fall attorney. Before you start the insurance claims process, talk to a lawyer who handles slip and fall cases. A lawyer can help you know what to say and not say when you talk to your insurance company.
Causes Of An Accident
Exactly as they sound, slip and fall accidents occur when a person slips, trips, stumbles, or steps onto a dangerous underfoot hazard and suffers an injury. Often, these accidents are caused by a homeowner or business owner’s failure to notify their guests of any hidden dangers or take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of their premises.
The following can all cause a slip and fall:
- Broken tiles
- Torn carpeting
- Greasy or wet floors
- Unmarked dangerous areas
- Missing or broken handrails
If it can be proven that a property owner acted negligently, victims of slip and fall accidents can seek compensation for their suffering. Recoverable damages for a successful personal injury claim can include compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering, lost wages, and lost earning potential. If you have been injured, you must consult with our firm to determine your eligible damages and identify the most strategically advantageous course of legal action to pursue.
If someone who owns a property or works there doesn’t take care of the property, and you slip and fall and get hurt, they can be held responsible. This is called “premises liability.” If you can show that it was their fault, you can get money to help pay for things like:
- Doctor and medicine bills
- Wages you lost because you couldn’t go to work
- Wages you will lose because you can’t work for a long time
- Physical pain and sadness
- Emotional pain and stress
- Trouble enjoying life like you used to
You might need to claim premises liability if the property owner is at fault. The Eric Roy Law Firm has been helping people with these claims for many years. If you need help, talk to a Las Vegas premises liability attorney. We offer a free meeting to discuss your case.
Slip And Fall Claim
Just because you file a claim for a slip-and-fall accident in Las Vegas, it doesn’t mean you must go to court and talk in front of a judge and jury. Most cases like this get settled before they go to trial. This means that the insurance company for the person who caused your injury offers you money to settle the case without going to court. This happens most of the time.
Insurance companies don’t want to risk going to court and losing much money, so they are usually willing to work with you and your lawyer to settle the case. It’s still important to hire a lawyer to take your case to trial if the insurance company doesn’t offer enough money to settle it. That way, your attorney can represent you in court if needed.
Contact Us Today!
Nobody should suffer the consequences of a negligent property owner’s actions on their own. At Eric Roy Law Firm, our Las Vegas slip-and-fall accident lawyers are fully equipped to go the distance on your behalf and can help you through this difficult time. We treat our clients like family and will do everything we can to help you recover. Let us handle the legal heavy lifting, so you can focus on what matters: your recovery.
Injured? Call our office today at (702)423-3333 to discuss your case.