Hit And Run Lawyer In Las Vegas
If you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident in Las Vegas and don’t know what to do, the Eric Roy Law Firm can help. We have helped many victims of hit-and-run car crashes throughout the years. Having a lawyer experienced in hit and law accidents on your side can make a big difference in how this situation affects your life.
If you were the victim of a hit-and-run accident in Las Vegas, we could help. Sometimes drivers will leave the scene of an accident to avoid responsibility. However, as long as you take down the license plate of the hit and run driver’s car, we should be able to track down the hit-and-run driver. Once we track down the hit-and-run driver, we will make a claim on your behalf and file a lawsuit if necessary. The fact that the defendant hit you and ran will typically increase the value of your injury case, as jurors like to punish hit-and-run drivers for their lack of accountability. The Eric Roy Law Firm will be by your side throughout this process.
If you need help, call us for a free consultation.
What To Do After A Hit And Run Accident
As one of the best Las Vegas hit-and-run lawyers, here’s what you can do to help yourself:
- Call the police right away, so they can investigate and try to find the driver who hit you and ran away.
- Write down anything you can remember about the car that hit you, like its color, make, model, and license plate number.
- Take pictures of your car and the accident scene. Look for any parts of the car that hit you that may help identify the driver.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident to give you their contact information if the police or your lawyer needs to talk to them later.
- Go to the doctor to check for injuries, and follow all your instructions.
- Keep any bills or receipts related to the accident.
- Talk to a hit-and-run defense attorney in Las Vegas as soon as you can, so you can find out about your legal rights. Don’t wait too long to get help!
Getting Help After a Hit-and-Run Accident
After a hit-and-run in Las Vegas, you may wonder how to get compensation for your injuries and damages. It depends on whether the driver who hit you can be found. If they can be found, their insurance should cover your claim. But if they can’t be found, you can still get help from a hit-and-run attorney from Eric Roy Law Firm.
- If the driver is found—The police will do their best to find the driver who hit you. When they do, the driver’s insurance should pay for the damages from the accident.
- If the driver is not found—Sometimes, the driver who hit you can’t be found. In that case, Eric Roy Law Firm can help you find other ways to get compensation. You may be able to use your insurance policies to cover your accident.
How Much Can I Get from a Hit-and-Run Accident Case?
The amount of money you can get from a hit-and-run accident case depends on different things, such as the extent of your injuries and the details of your case. Compensation may include payment for your medical bills, any income you lose because of your injuries, and the suffering you experience. Sometimes, the law may also allow for punitive damages to punish the person who caused the accident. A hit-and-run accident lawyer in Las Vegas can help you understand what compensation may be available for your case.
How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit?
If you’re hurt in a hit-and-run accident, you typically have two years in Nevada to file a lawsuit. Sometimes you might have more time if your case is unique. But you can’t bring your case to court if you miss the deadlines. If you have questions about how long you have, call a lawyer from Eric Roy Law Firm immediately. They can help you figure out the details and ensure you don’t miss any critical deadlines.
Hit And Run Laws Nevada
In Nevada, if a driver is involved in a car accident, they must stop and help anyone hurt. They must also give their name, phone number, and insurance information to anyone else involved. If the driver causes damage to a parked car, they need to try to find the owner or leave a note with their contact information. If the damage is worth more than $750, they must report it to the police. If they don’t, they may not be allowed to drive for a year.
It’s against the law to leave the scene of an accident. If a driver does it, they can get in trouble. They might have to pay a fine, go to jail, and lose their driver’s license. If someone gets hurt or dies in the accident and the driver runs away, it’s even worse. It can be considered a felony, meaning they can go to prison for up to 20 years and pay a hefty fine.
Nevada Hit And Run Statute
NRS 484E.020 – Duty to stop at the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury.
- If someone gets hurt or dies in a car accident, the driver who caused the accident must stop as close as possible to the accident and stay there until they do certain things that the law says they must do.
NRS 484E.030 – Duty to render aid and share information after a car accident.
- If you get into a car accident and someone is hurt, or a car is damaged, you must stop and give some vital information to the other driver and the police. This information includes your name, address, and details about your car, like the license number.
NRS 484E.040 – Duty when damaging an unattended vehicle or other property.
- If a driver hits a parked car or other property and no one is there, they must stop and try to find the owner of the damaged thing. If they can’t find the owner, they must leave a note with their name and address.
Call 702.423.3333 – We Offer Contingency Fees!
Being in a hit-and-run accident in Las Vegas can be understandably demoralizing. The last thing you need is more trouble, stress, and burdens on your shoulders. To help you through the difficulties ahead, you can retain the services of our Las Vegas car accident lawyer for nothing upfront due to our contingency fee agreements; if we do not get you a settlement for you at the end of your case or trial, you do not owe us a cent.