Sparks, NV – One Hospitalized After Car Accident at S. Rock Blvd and Shaber Ave
Sparks, NV (May 24, 2022) – One woman was hospitalized on Tuesday, May 24th after being involved in a vehicle collision at an intersection in Sparks.
According to reports, the woman was attempting to make a lefthand turn at Shaber Avenue and South Rock Boulevard when she was struck by another vehicle.
Rescuers had to extricate her from her vehicle by removing the doors from her SUV.
She was transported by ambulance to an area hospital in non-critical condition.
The intersection was temporarily closed for police investigation.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Common Causes of Nevada Car Crashes
There are a lot of different factors that can cause or contribute to a motor vehicle accident. The most common cause is drivers not paying attention to their surroundings because they are distracted. Knowing what factors frequently contribute to Nevada car accidents makes it easier to know what to look out for to avoid a potential collision.
Motor vehicle crashes are the number three cause of accidental deaths in the United States. Some of the other leading causes of automobile accidents include:
- Inclement Weather Conditions: There are several kinds of weather conditions that could make the roadways slippery through the application of either water or ice. Conditions where heavy fog is present put drivers at the disadvantage of decreased visibility. Snowstorms, thunderstorms, sleet, and hail all pose a potential threat to drivers on the roadway.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol comes with a set of problems all its own. Driving after you have been drinking is extremely dangerous and often fatal. Driving while you are intoxicated increases your odds of being in a serious accident by more than 600%.
- Driver While Drowsy: Driving who are sleep deprived or extremely fatigued cause more than their fair share of vehicle accidents. Drivers who are falling asleep or even just nodding off should never get behind the wheel.
- Using an Electronic Device: Using a GPS, sending texts, or making phone calls while you are driving makes it that much more likely that you will be injured in an accident.
- Exceeding the Speed Limit: Failing to obey the speed limit is another widespread cause of fatal and injury-causing collisions.
Availing yourself of the services of an experienced lawyer is one of the most beneficial steps you can take towards obtaining full and fair financial compensation. Our skilled legal team has devoted decades to aggressively advocating for injured victims and their family members.
Contact a Nevada vehicle accident lawyer at 702-423-3333 to be put in touch with one of our qualified representatives who can discuss filing your injury claim in Las Vegas as soon as you’re ready.
Notes: Eric Roy Law Firm uses outside sources when creating these posts. Our writers have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident so if you do find any information that is not correct in our post, please notify us right away so that we can update the post with the correct information as soon as possible. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: None of the information provided in this post should be misconstrued as legal or medical advice. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The photo depicted in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.