Verdi, NV (May 21, 2022) – On Wednesday, May 18th, multiple injuries were reported after a collision involving an overturned vehicle just outside of Verdi.
Reports show that the crash occurred at about 11:00 a.m. in the westbound lanes of Interstate 80.
Although officials on the scene have confirmed that several victims were injured, they declined to disclose the precise number of patients or the extent of their injuries.
The incident caused lane closures along the interstate for quite some time. No further details have been provided.
The cause of this collision is under investigation by police.
Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Economic Recovery for Nevada Rollover Accidents
Even though accidents that end in overturned vehicles account for a very small portion of the total number of accidents that take place every year, they make up nearly 35% of the incidents that end in fatalities. Those who survive a vehicle rollover in Nevada almost always have to deal with intense physical pain and crippling emotional trauma. Catastrophic injuries can also cause massive medical bills and life-long disability.
Based on the severity of your injuries and the events leading up to your accident, a skilled attorney can pursue financial compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses: This includes all medical bills you have incurred due to your injuries, along with the cost of any anticipated medical care and treatment. To accurately calculate the projected amount of medical expenses you could expect to see in the months or years to come, our vehicle injury lawyers might enlist a medical professional.
- Lost income: When the victim of a rollover crash is unable to return to work, whether temporarily or permanently, they can recover damages for their lost earnings. Our victim injury attorneys know how to figure out the future earnings and wage losses that your compensation award should cover.
- Pain and suffering: These are non-economic damages. Non-economic damages, sometimes referred to as general damages, are subjective, non-monetary losses that are meant to compensate victims for the pain and suffering that they went through because of the accident and subsequent injuries. We have helped hundreds of clients successfully pursue compensation for pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages: Not available in all personal injury suits, these damages are occasionally awarded by the court. Punitive damages are not intended to be compensation for the victim, but rather to serve as an economic punishment to deter the respondent from committing similar negligent acts in the future.
- Wrongful death: While we would never suggest that any amount of money can compensate you for the death of someone you love, the damages involved in a wrongful death suit can go a long way toward alleviating any financial hardships that have arisen from their death.
At the Eric Roy Law Firm, our vehicle collision attorneys in the greater Las Vegas area will treat you and your family with the compassion and concern that you deserve. Our experienced legal team has spent decades fighting for the rights of injured victims and their loved ones. To schedule an appointment for your free, confidential consultation, give us a call at 702-423-3333.
Notes: Eric Roy Law Firm uses outside sources when creating these posts. Our writers have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident so if you do find any information that is not correct in our post, please notify us right away so that we can update the post with the correct information as soon as possible. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: None of the information provided in this post should be misconstrued as legal or medical advice. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The photo depicted in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.